As you probably know, most of IT providers (Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, and many others) that delivers certifications with a limited lifetime. VMware is not an exception.
The main reason invoked everywhere: The rapid change of the technologies put in places.
Recently, I’ve passed my VCP6-DCV as I needed to renew my VCP5-DCV before its expiration. It’s a good way to stay in the train and prove to customers and yourself that you know what you’re talking about.
BUT to achieve this statement, you need to prepare yourself seriously, I mean:
- Read official Study guides
- Read un-offcial Study guides
- Read Documentation and books related to the technology
- Train yourself with the practice exams delivered with the official VMware Study Guide
- If you don’t have hands-on experience with vSphere 6, build your lab or use VMware Hands-On labs
After passing my exam, I can say you that this exam is not the easiest one. It’s a good mixture of memory questions and practice questions. For some questions, you need to put in practice what you’ve learned from the theory (which are my prefered).
My personal preparation:
- VMware Press: VCP6-DCV Official Cert Guide
- Sybex: Mastering VMware vSphere 6
- Vlandan.fr: Vladan VCP6-DCV study guide (Vladan made an amazing job with this study guide! Thanks to him)
- Real-life experience (thanks to my job 🙂 )